MES publishes today the second research in the White Paper Series, an initiative of the Business Development Department meant to bring insightful industry analysis to our stakeholders. The objective was to assess how and to what extent the Trans-Pacific Partnership will affect the automotive, lighting, heavy machinery and energy equipment industries, the main industries MES serves. We took a step back to look at the intricacies of the global trade agreements, the trade indicators such as tariffs, number of days and documents needed to import and export, container costs, rules of origin compared to NAFTA, trade surplus and deficits of the 12 countries involved etc. The analysis emphasized the position of the United States, identifies winners and losers and draws conclusions on what we can expect moving forward. Surprisingly, it also shows that China might not be as disadvantaged as it was originally thought from its absence from the negotiation […]
Come join MES May 11 – 13 at the National Manufacturing Week Trade Show, Australia’s largest showcase of manufacturing innovation, information & inspiration. Located at the Sydney Olympic Park in Sydney, Australia, this event is free to attend for the manufacturing industry. MES will display at Booth 2100, and Randy Rhodes and Abhijeet Patole will be present at the show. National Manufacturing Week is a business-to-business trade event for the manufacturing industry. If you work in the manufacturing industry, this is your one-stop-shop for the latest technology, demonstrations, innovations and education. Event registration is available onsite upon your arrival. NMW is the only fully integrated annual manufacturing exhibition showcasing the latest products and constantly evolving technologies in the expanding manufacturing market. NMW’s list of industry-specific Product Zones highlight the wide range of products incorporated under one roof. This face-to-face environment gives the buyer the opportunity to develop new and existing relationships, whilst sourcing new products. […]
One of MES’s goals is to give back to our communities by supporting local organizations, charities, food drives, fundraisers, etc. One organization we are proud to support is Susan G. Komen Columbus. Their Missions are: Funding programs that support those in the fight breast cancer to save lives Educating individuals about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them. The Columbus Race for the Cure is the signature event and it will take place on Saturday May 14, 2016 in downtown Columbus. The 2015 Columbus race had 32,000 registrants making it the largest Race for the Cure in the country! In addition, more than $2 million was raised where 75% stayed in the 30 central and southeastern Ohio counties that we serve. The remaining 25% went towards global breast cancer research. Check out more details at: : http://komencolumbus.org/ MES’s mission for sponsoring this event is: Supporting those who […]
Wherever our associates are based, they have made it their goal to give back to their communities. This month, MES Ningbo, following the recommendation of Ningbo Charity Federation, visited Man Tian Xing Service Center for the Disabled, a center caring for patients with special needs. Spending some time in the company of these young people was a highly enriching experience for our colleagues. Here is what Candy from the Accounting Department had to say about the activity: “ Though our team did not spend much time in the center, the activity had a huge impact on every single one of us. We focus too much on our work and do not realize there are so many people in need our help. In the future we are committed to devote more time and funds to charity and helping those in need”.
MES President, Hiten Shah was invited on March 1st, to talk to a group of freshmen at the Max Fisher School of Business, The Ohio State University. The main objectives of the presentation have been tri-fold: To introduce the students to the characteristics of our global sourcing and supply chain management model, emphasizing the importance of entrepreneurship and identifying a need in the market you can cater to. To explain the vast career opportunities along the supply chain, whether up or downstream as well as the skills and attitudes managers will seek in a newly business school graduate. Among the latter: understanding specific industries and products, looking at everything in a global perspective, understand your competitive advantage, ability to understand and address clients’ pain points. To underline the importance and responsibilities of the Financial Manager. Since most of the attendees are currently declaring a major in Finance, it is of […]